Thursday 4 February 2016

Valentine's day GRWM - The Body Shop Vitamin E products


Valentine's day is the day to doll yourself up. A nice makeup, outfit and you're good to go on your date. But before makeup I like to prep my skin and these days I do that with The Body Shop Vitamin E products.

I have dry skin so it's really important to hydrate my face before makeup, so that it won't be flaky and patchy.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Cleanser is perfect for the morning/daytime cleansing. It's really light weight, refreshing and soothing. The creamy consistency feels quite nice for my dry skin. For oily skin I'm not sure whether it's good or not, but I can tell it is not very oily. At night after taking off the makeup I tend to use a more 'heavy duty' cleanser like the Estée Lauder one on the picture.

After washing my face I use the Vitamin E Eye Cream. The ingredients are not the best as far as effectiveness, like the hyaluronate and the dimethicone are towards the end of the list, and I would prefer some vitamin K. But it contains glycerin which is good for absorbing and retaining water keeping the skin hydrated and sooth. It also helps in makeup application and duration. But it can't work wonders. Anyway in my opinion it's perfect for day time before makeup because it hydrates the skin, makes it soft and it absorbs quickly.

I would suggest the Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet for similar reasons: it hydrates, makes the makeup easier to apply and stay put. It has a nice cold feeling because of the sorbet texture and I think because of the alcohol too. The alcohol is the reason I would say I'm not the biggest fan of this cream,
it feels a bit drying and strange, and it leaves my skin red for 1-2 minutes. I would not suggest this for those with sensitive skin.

Overall if you are young, looking for a moderately hydrating, cooling product which absorbs quickly and looks good with makeup then I would suggest the Body Shop Vitamin E collection.
Now I'm trying out some Aloe Vera creams from The Body Shop, I will let you know how that goes.
I heard that they are good for sensitive normal to dry skin. We shall see.

Watch my video with the valentine's day makeup, hair and outfit on my YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC27LjS5KCZCWqOdvs2VC3qw

No comments:

Post a Comment